Full course description
Course Dates: July 27-31, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm daily (Virtual). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
If you do not wish to receive a certificate for this course, you can register for a reduced fee ($150) by using the promotion code: NOCERT371
Course Description: This course will support teachers as they grow their Equity Agency℠, which we define as the ability to engage in equitable practices and to create equitable environments. Participants also will deepen their capacity to have conversations about race with other adults. Participants will identify and develop culturally responsive teaching practices and practice them in small groups.
Select articles and videos will seed deliberation about one’s racial and cultural identity, implicit bias, and centering race in discussions of instruction and discipline. The course will include presentations, readings, discussions, activities, and reflection tools.
Course Objectives: Teacher participants will:
- practice talking about race;
- explore their own racial and cultural beliefs and identities and how that impacts their work in education;
- deepen their understanding of race in the United States and how race impacts schooling;
- define, explore, and practice culturally responsive teaching practices;
- grow their Equity Agency by developing an understanding of what equitable practices and equitable environments are;
- develop an individual professional development plan for further growing their Equity Agency; and
- gain motivation to advance equity.
Course Requirements: Active participation in the course, including completion of a pre- and post-assessment and daily reflections and Exit Tickets.Course Materials: Course materials will be provided to participants online. Participants should have a device that allows them to access the Canvas Catalog course and Google Drive.
** Attention: If you wish to use this course for licensure renewal credit, make sure to always check with your school district for approval prior to registering for the course.